National Consultative Conference
Who attended the National Consultative Conference
16 December 1990
- There were the very young and the very old, black, white, `coloured` and Indian.
- Outside conference one activist confessed to it having been the first conference he attended where there was such a balanced blend of the young and old.
- 1,589 delegates from 14 internal regions of the ANC, 31 external regions, the ANC Women`s and Youth Leagues, Umkhonto we Sizwe and 22 ANC departmental representatives attended conference.
- There were also 58 observers from the SACP, UDF, Cosatu, Sansco and Nusas.
- Of the grand total of 1,647, women constituted 15,52%.
- Each branch sent two representatives and branches with membership exceeding 1,000 were granted one more delegate.
- The PWV region, with 177 representatives, had the biggest delegation, followed by the Eastern Transvaal and the Western Cape with 171 and 164 respectively.
- The smallest delegation (28) came from the Northern OFS, trailing behind the Western Transvaal and Northern Cape which, respectively, had 30 and 37 representatives.